The sedation consists of total elimination of fear and anxiety. It is a solution to go to the dentist without pain.
In no time you will feel the injection, nor will you see the a syringe needle or hear the noises that might provoke your discomfort and trigger the anxiety. I will just be “sleeping “, and this is the level of dreaming that provides a state in which the patient is not aware of what is going on.
There are many different indications for treatment with sedation.
- In adult patients with phobia, anxiety or panic of the dentists when performing dental treatments.
- In patients that require treatments in one single session for their better comfort.
- In special situations: patients with extensive pathologies, bad behavior, systemic pathologies, specific syndrome and traumatic injures (e.g. patients with Parkinson disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Down’s syndrome, etc).
- In patients with little time available or those who arrived from other provinces, since this allows us to dramatically decrease the number of sessions needed for any dental treatment especially for implantology.
- In children when it is not possible to perform a conventional dental treatment.
Until now getting a healthy and beautiful smile required a continuous visit, and even sometimes long waiting periods in a dental waiting room. With treatments with sedation you will reduce the number of visits and overcome any fear.
Treatment under sedation has great advantages: everything is done in the same session, a high quality of the procedures is reached, a high level of security is achieved since we have an anesthesiologist and all the equipment and since the patient maintains conscious, the generation or growing of the dental fear is avoided.
At the end of the process you will see that:
- You will not have had any PAIN during the treatment.
- You no longer have your FEARS due to past experiences that you have had.
- Your case is not exceptional and the treatment received with the understanding of your problem from all the staff of the Clinic has helped you to recover CONFIDENCE in yourself.
- If you had known that before you would have surely avoided much pain, anxiety, discomfort and suffering.
- Don’t hesitate, call us or email us and without any compromise we will help you solve your problem.
Treatment with sedation
One of the most common treatments in which we apply conscious sedation techniques refers to oral surgery and when it comes to the implant collocation to rehabilitate the mastication (chewing) function.
They are activities which by their duration require deep and intense anesthesia of all the tissues, since practices of high precision have to be applied and it is important that the patient was in the state of maximum relaxation, and thus any stressful situation that might affect the success of the treatment can be avoided.
During all the surgery process the patient will be in a state in which he/she will feel no pain, he/she will not see the syringe needle, nor will he/she hear any noise, which also can help avoid many psychological traumas that could influence the future surgery treatments.
Besides the conscious sedation allows to ensure the maximum safety throughout the treatment since at all times the patient will be monitored and controlled by an anesthesiologist, which is known in the ASA (American Society of Anesthesiologists) as a Monitored Anesthesia Care (CAM), taking control of the vital signs of the patient and providing him necessary medical care and also the subsequent management after the treatment is over.
The most important is to offer safety and comfort to the patient during the surgery procedure to be undertaken, it is not an isolated activity which seeks to reduce the level of consciousness of the patient.
How can we help you?
The objective of this program is to help you overcome the fear of dentists, improve your smile and chewing ability but first of all to make your quality of life better.
SEDENTIST Program: We will help you to overcome your dental fear
Sedentist, only 3 visits to overcome the panic of the dentists
Our staff and facilities
Grup Dr. Bladé has a team of specialized professionals and an exclusive service aimed at those patients who undertake the SEDENTIST treatment in order to overcome their fear of the dentist.
Relaxation techniques to overcome the dental fear
The great majority of patients that visit a dental room demonstrate at least some degree of discomfort, tension or fear of the dentist. This is why when the patient is taken to the SEDENTIST program, a caring and friendly treatment helps a lot.
Treatment of the children with dental fear
A preliminary visit should be arranged for a child before the treatment is started, in order to familiarize him more with the environment of the dental clinic.
Our staff is familiar with dental phobia. We must tell the truth to a child but without emotional exaggerations.
It is a very important function of the pediatric dentist. It has the same function as a pediatrician and a school professor so that a child learns how to control his behavior and anxiety in a dentist’s room. The technique “tell me – show me – do it”, as well as the exposition and introduction of the dental instruments to a child, as well as gingering a child up when he follows the instructions of the dentist.