- 1 What is a dental implant?
- 2 The treatment step by step
- 2.1 What can I do not to feel anything either before, during or after the collocation of the implants?
- 2.2 Frequently asked questions about dental implants
- 2.2.1 Is implant treatment painful?
- 2.2.2 Will I feel the teeth like my own ones?
- 2.2.3 How safe is a dental implant?
- 2.2.4 Is age important?
- 2.2.5 Will I have to be without teeth during the dental implant treatment?
- 2.2.6 Can a dental implant be placed if there is not enough bone?
- 2.2.7 Will the new teeth look like my own ones?
- 2.2.8 What is an immediate dental implant?
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is simply a small titanium screw which is placed into the superior or inferior jawbone forming what will be a new tooth root. Once the new root, in other words a dental implant, has been perfectly integrated into the bone, a corresponding crown or a fixed bridge will be placed so that we have new stable, functional, and safe teeth in their correct place and forever.
What are the dental implants for?
They are a substitute of the natural teeth that return stability, functionality and appearance of the teeth. Through a small titanium screw the implants are placed into the bone according to the determined and personalized structure.
The treatment step by step
First step: Studying and planning
We design a personalized plan of each dental implant treatment
Second step: Collocation of the implants
We place implants with the help of the guided surgery technique that through computer study of your mouth allows us to place the new teeth barely opening the gum which decreases the inflammation and eliminate pain after the intervention.
Third step: Fabrication of the permanent teeth
Two months later and when the implants have integrated into the bone, and the healing period has passed, a post (abutment) will be connected on each dental implant. This abutment is a connector between the implant and the crown that fixes the tooth in a stable way.
Fourth step: Collocation of the permanent teeth
Once the permanent teeth are ready, we simply place and fix them on the abutments
In our dental clinics we perform several steps to achieve successful dental implantology treatments: